Do I still want a six-pack? Yes! It is not easy getting one and is even harder maintaining it. I have days, where it looks super defined and days it doesn’t. It all has to do with my diet changes and the things I eat.
12-7-15 marked 21 Days on my Road to Six-Pack Abs. I started my journey and challenge on November 22, 2015.
Thanksgiving came along!
Thanksgiving came along and I went a little off track. I was pretty good on my clean diet from 11-22-15 to 11-25-15. I ate Tamales on Thanksgiving! My dad made my special Spinach Tamales and I couldn’t say no. I have not allowed myself to enjoy holidays for the last 2 years and this year I promised I’d enjoy and balance my lifestyle on the holidays and special family celebrations. Once in a while is okay to indulge, but always being conscious of the consequences. The day after Thanksgiving, I did extra 145 minutes of cardio. Trust me, I hate cardio, so that was painful lol
I’ve lost a total of 6 lbs in my 21 days. Yes, I could have lost more had I done more cardio, but I won’t kill myself doing cardio twice a day. Is all about gradually losing weight in a healthy way. I did get tighter, but Im glad I haven’t lost muscle.
- Read my first blog to learn 7 TIPS TO SIX-PACK ABS
- Read my 2nd blog update for learn my Road to Six-Pack Abs – First Week
Update 12-7-15: Plan of attack to get my Six-Pack Abs:
- Increase my cardio by 30-45 minutes daily. HIIT Cardio!
- Update 11-22-15: I did 30 minutes of cardio each day since 11-16-15. I mostly did stair master, HIIT on treadmill and plyos.
- Update 12-7-15: I alternated on 30 minutes on stair master one day and next day I’d do 15 minutes stair mater and 15 minutes HIIT on treadmill.
- Cut back on complex carbohydrates during leaning phase.
- Update 11-22-15: I kept carb intake to 150 g/day, instead of 200 g/day I was taking before that.
- Update 12-7-15: I kept carb intake same 150 g/day, expect on Thansgiving. I don’t even know how many carbs were in my tamales.
- Drink 1.5 gals of water. I usually drink 1 gal only.
- Update 11-22-15: Definitely 1.5 gals of water per day
- Update 12-7-15:
- Do abs exercises 4 times a week.
- Update 11-22-15: I did abs 11-16 (Monday), 11-17 (Tueday), 11-18 (Wednesday), and 11-21 (Saturday).
- Update 12-7-15: I did abs 4 times per week, same days as listed above.
- Monitor stress. I have high cortisol levels and this allows my body to store fat faster, therefore I need to be pretty good about managing stress. Will include yoga, meditation and my fit healing journal.
- Update 11-22-15: I started my meditation again. I tend to forget I need to do this daily, as it has been a crucial part of My Fit Healing process. Meditation is so beneficial to lower cortisol levels.
- Update 12-7-15: I kept my meditation, healings and started reading books again. I also have been pretty good with my grateful list, which makes a huge difference on how I start my day. Im so full of positivity and energetic.
- I don’t do cheat meals, but definitely keep this in mind! No sweets, goodies, or tamales!
- Update 11-22-15: This was a little hard because each time I go to my parent’s house, they have cakes, tacos, or yummy food! But, I did not cheat. Is not that hard for me to avoid goodies, but I feel guilty each time I reject my parents offerings.
- Update 12-7-15: I ate Tamales as mentioned before, went for Sushi twice in the last 2 weeks. One place I ordered brown rice, the other only had white rice. Yes, this was not part of my macros for carbohydrates.
- Cut back Alcohol! I’ve been having 1-2 glasses of red wine weekly lately, as I attend networking events. But, no more alcohol!
- Update 11-22-15: No Alcohol whatsoever this week. I did have a few Networking events and meetings, but kept thinking “No, six-pack!’ That kept me focused.
- Update 12-7-15: I only had 1 glass of Merlot last Saturday 12-5-15.
SIX-PACK PROGRESS PICTURES
Watch my Periscope replays on my progress to my ROAD TO SIX-PACK ABS
Watch 24 hr replays via Periscope
Watch replays over 24 hrs ago via Katch
CHECK OUT MY PROGRESS VIDEOS ON FACEBOOK!
Do you want want abs?
What is the hardest thing for you to do that is stopping you from getting a six-pack?
Any questions, comments? Let me know!
Check out this link to view my favorite six-pack abs workout.