You have been wanting six-pack abs like me? Ready to do the hard work? This is my ROAD TO SIX-PACK ABS journey! This is my first week progress!
Today, Sunday November 22, 2015 marks 6 days since I started my “Road to Six-Pack Abs.” I’m so pleased with my progress. I lost 3 lbs in the last 6 days. I was 132 lbs on 11-16-15, today 129lbs. I have not measured my body fat percentage yet, but I will Monday. You can’t lower fat % on a single localized body part, you must lower your entire body’s fat percentage %. Therefore, in order to get abs you need to work on lifting weights, doing cardio and eating clean. This is the only guaranteed way to lower body fat percentage. My method of cardio is called “Smart Cardio,” because I refuse do be chained to the treadmill running or spending countless hours doing cardio. I only do HITT on treadmill, stairmater, plyos or anything that is high intensity intervals.
I explained on my first blog update 7 TIPS TO SIX-PACK ABS that I was going to implement 7 tips and I have been keeping my word.
Update 11-22-15: Plan of attack to get my Six-Pack Abs:
- Increase my cardio by 30-45 minutes daily. HIIT Cardio!
- Update 11-22-15: I did 30 minutes of cardio each day since 11-16-15. I mostly did stair master, HIIT on treadmill and plyos.
- Cut back on complex carbohydrates during leaning phase.
- Update 11-22-15: I kept carb intake to 150 g/day, instead of 200 g/day I was taking before that.
- Drink 1.5 gals of water. I usually drink 1 gal only.
- Update 11-22-15: Definitely 1.5 gals of water per day.
- Do abs exercises 4 times a week.
- Update 11-22-15: I did abs 11-16 (Monday), 11-17 (Tueday), 11-18 (Wednesday), and 11-21 (Saturday).
- Monitor stress. I have high cortisol levels and this allows my body to store fat faster, therefore I need to be pretty good about managing stress. Will include yoga, meditation and my fit healing journal.
- Update 11-22-15: I started my meditation again. I tend to forget I need to do this daily, as it has been a crucial part of My Fit Healing process. Meditation is so beneficial to lower cortisol levels.
- I don’t do cheat meals, but definitely keep this in mind! No sweets, goodies, or tamales!
- Update 11-22-15: This was a little hard because each time I go to my parent’s house, they have cakes, tacos, or yummy food! But, I did not cheat. Is not that hard for me to avoid goodies, but I feel guilty each time I reject my parents offerings.
- Cut back Alcohol! I’ve been having 1-2 glasses of red wine weekly lately, as I attend networking events. But, no more alcohol!
- Update 11-22-15: No Alcohol whatsoever this week. I did have a few Networking events and meetings, but kept thinking “No, six-pack!’ That kept me focused.
Six-Pack Abs Don’t Make You, You Make Them!
Many people want a six-pack because is a symbol of achieving something they have always dreamed of, a symbol of hard work. But, I have learned that you need to find the right reason why you want them. Make sure they are to make YOU happy!
Watch my Periscope replays on my progress to my ROAD TO SIX-PACK ABS
💪🏼PostWorkout Morning Chat! 🗣🍃🍴💪🏼Topic: Day 3 Road to a Six-Pack 129 lbs! Lost 3 lbs in 3 days
💪🏼PostWorkout Morning Chat! 🗣🍃🍴💪🏼Topic: Day 4 Road to a Six-Pack 129 lbs still! 👀😬🍴🍃💪
💪🏼PostWorkout Morning Chat! 🗣🍃🍴💪🏼Topic: Day 6 Road to a Six-Pack
Can’t wait to show you more progress this week! Super excited you are joining me on this journey!
Do you want want abs?
What is the hardest thing for you to do that is stopping you from getting a six-pack?
Any questions, comments? Let me know!
Check out this link to view my favorite six-pack abs workout.